Not everyone loves to have curls in hair as they are a bit difficult to manage. Moreover, frizz and dry hair are always messy and take a lot of your tiring effort every day to be managed and look organized. Whether it is to get rid of curls or frizz, hair straightening seems to be gaining approval among most of the women as straighter hair gives you the liberty to style them in any way you like and are more manageable. For straighter hair and healthier locks, try following a few simple hair straightening tips given in this article.
Hair Straightening Tips
Using Straightening Gel
Among all hair straightening tips, the use of straightening gel is perhaps the most common. Women with slightly curly hair or those having frizz hair prefer it the most. Let us have a look at the right way to apply straightening gel for best results.
– Wash your hair with a shampoo and then use a quality conditioner.
– Take a clean towel, wring it on your hair, and leave it there for 15 minutes.
– Once your hair is dry, apply the gel on them.
– Use a blow dryer to dry your hair divided into sections for the better drying process. Use only the flat brush during this process. You would gradually learn the perfect blow drying technique.
– Finally, use a hair spray to keep the locks intact and avoid frizz.
Straightening is done by using gel usually lasts for 3 to 4 days if you don’t wash your hair.
For quick, easy straightening of hair, the use of iron is among the most recommended hair straightening tips. However, without proper usage, you always run high on the risk of hair damage. Moreover, half of the job is done if you have made the right choice while buying a hair straightening iron. Let’s find out how you can make an informed choice;
– Always try to go for branded hair straightening iron.
– Straightening iron with ceramic plates is most preferred as it is least damaging for hair.
– If you can go for iron with an adjustable temperature option, that is ideal. However, you would learn gradually about what would be the right temperature settings.
– For short or medium hair length, iron with narrow plates is best, whereas, wider plates should be preferred for long and thick hair.
– High temperature yields quicker results but may damage your hair. It is wise to use a low temperature for thinner hair and a bit high for thicker hair locks.
– Go for a lightweight hair straightening iron or you would end up with aching arms after a while during straightening.Once you have bought a perfect straightening iron, the next step is to learn the right hair straightening tips with straightening iron.
– Wash your hair with shampoo. Apply a conditioner and leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
– If your hair is extremely curly, blow dry them before straightening with iron. It would make them more manageable. Do not use an iron until your hair is completely dry.
– To avoid hair damage, try using heat protection serum.
– Select one hair section and tie the rest. Select underneath section of hair first.
– Start straightening from closer to the roots and move your way towards the hair tips while maintaining the same pressure of the iron throughout. Do the same for all hair sections.
– When you are done, brush your hair and you are all set. Your hair would stay straightened until you wash them next time.
Chemical Hair Straightening
It is preferred by those who want to get their hair straightened for long. It lasts for 5 to 6 months depending upon the chemicals used and the texture of your hair. Though it is recommended that you get it done only by an expert, you are doing it at home, you should follow the hair straightening tips and steps mentioned below.
– While mixing chemicals, strictly follow the instructions on the leaflet.
– To avoid the risk of irritation on the skin, wrap a towel around your neck.
– Straighten your hair thoroughly with an iron.
– Apply the mixture section by section while keeping the rest of the hair tied up. Start from underneath layers and move upwards.
– When you are done, comb your hair straight downwards and leave the mixture on hair for the mentioned duration before washing your hair.
– After thorough rinsing dry your hair with a towel, and then blow-dry.
– The next step is to use neutralizing cream thoroughly on hair.
– Leave it for 40 to 45 minutes before finally washing your hair with a shampoo for chemically straightened hair.
– Apply a conditioner and wash hair again after 5 minutes and you are ready to step out with a glamorous look.
Natural Ways of Hair Straightening
If you are looking for the safest hair straightening tips, natural ways of hair straightening are definitely your pick. Though, they work a bit slower but offer lasting results without any risk of hair damage at all. The key to the best results is to follow the chosen tip regularly.
– One commonly used natural hair straightening tips is the hot oil massage which works well against frizz, unmanageable hair. Take hot oil in a bowl and apply it on scalp and hair. Cover it with a towel or shower cap for half an hour before finally washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
– Perhaps the oldest and one of the most trusted natural hair care remedies is the regular use of milk on your hair. For soft and smooth hair through milk treatment, first, wash your hair with shampoo and dry them completely. Take milk in a spray bottle and thoroughly spray the milk on your hair locks. Wash your hair after a while and now comb your hair straight down while they are still wet.
– Coconut oil is another hottest choice of most women around the world for sleeker, shinier, and beautiful hair. Mix a spoon of lemon juice to a bowl of coconut milk and put it in the refrigerator for a while. Now apply the cooled mixture on your hair locks. Wrap your hair with a shower cap or hot towel and take steam for around 5 minutes. Now wash off your hair which would now be much healthier.
It is important that you always use quality hair care products whether it is an iron or a shampoo. Do not forget to use a conditioner every time you wash your hair. Keep your hair trimmed to avoid split ends.